Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring is here...

You can see a few green leaves popping out of the plants around our yard! It's very exciting because we had several nights with a hard freeze and we were a little unsure if some of our plants were going to live. But, there is hope! This is one of our trees in our back yard that is blooming beautiful little white flowers. I've really enjoyed getting our yard together for the spring and I'll be planting some new flowers and plants soon. I'm also excited for in the fall to plant some freesia bulbs, since it is my favorite flower.
While I was in the backyard to day pruning and raking, Ellie, our dog, joined me. She had fun playing in the hose and stealing a few of the sticks I had cut off some of the plants. She is such a sweet dog. She is even laying by my feet as I'm writing this. Allergies are something Chris and I dread each spring and poor Ellie seems to have them too..it runs in the family. Here is a cute shot I took of Ellie today in the backyard.

No comments: