Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to Work

Back into the swing of things again..dragging a little bit though. It was all in all a good first day back to teaching and my class seemed well rested and ready to go with the second half of the school year. I reminded my third graders that they are half way to becoming fourth graders, I got several wide eyes, thinking like whoa. But I had to tell them it is important to focus and get into gear because they want to be successful for these next two quarters. I am quite surprised as to how fast the school year is going. I think the whole past year went fast in general.

It did not help that Monday was a very rainy day for us. This meant, kids having to "go to the bathroom", but in reality, just wanting to go out into the rain. This also caused lunch recess and and afternoon recess to be held inside my classroom, just when you need a break from them, you can't get one! I survived and they were pretty well behaved with not being in the swing of things because of the break and because of the rain.

I had my class journal write about some goals they wanted to make for this upcoming year, 2008. I told them it would be good to have at least three goals, one for home, one for here at school, and a personal goal, like their character. Here are a few of them:

*To stop arguing with my friends
*To have better handwriting
*To work on my frustration
*I want to get up earlier
*To be more organize
*Less talking at school
*Fixing my bed in the morning

I thought this was a great way to get their mind thinking of ways to make life better for them and to get them in a good mindset for life in general.

My feelings so far for 2008 are great! I things organized here at my house and then at work..I'm going to try to stick to that. I want to learn how to cook new things, master knitting, and so much more. I'm excited to see what this year brings!

No comments: