Monday, January 21, 2008

Teacher stuff & other stuff

It's been a nice day off, went to a fabric store and Joann's with my mom this morning..didn't really get much but some Valentine's Day pencils and bags for my class. Speaking of Valentine's Day, I finished my felt heart for Chris. I think it turned out cute and will be fun to use to write him notes to tell him I love him or to have a good day!


I have also been busy with school stuff, I have my observation tomorrow by the principal. This will be my last formal observation for the school year, until next year. I will be doing it during science time. We have just started our plant growth and development unit. It's going to be a lot of fun for me, since I love gardening and plants in general. Tomorrow my lesson will be on "What is inside a Seed?" The students will observe their soaked Lima bean then get to open it up to see the parts inside that make it grow. They will also be drawing a scientific drawing of the bean and doing some journal writing on what their predictions are and what they have learned from that lesson. I feel that it will go well since I've done the material before and I'm confident in my teaching and the effort and passion I put into it as well.


Here is what I get ready every week for my workshop board. The students complete 20 different things that are based off of what we're learning or have been learning in all different subject areas. I really want my students to grasp concepts, not just with the lesson, but by repetition and seeing it and doing it in different ways. My favorite thing this week on my workshop board is my Power Test. It's where I get my students up and moving and helps to get their ants out of their pants too. The will be doing the YMCA song actions and then the bicycle for 2 minutes (that's where you lay on your back and peddle with your legs!) They really enjoy doing the whole workshop and I see them really grow from doing it! That's the best part.

No comments: