Friday, January 4, 2008

Learning how to Knit

I have been inspired to start knitting and here are my first three balls of yarn. I love the purple blue mixed one the best! I've gotten the hang of casting on my yarn, now it's just getting the knitting part down. I've found that my new smaller knitting needles help, the longer ones I had were just awkward.

When looking at knitting stuff at JoAnn's with my mom, I found two awesome books to help me and inspire me. Someday I want to make a hat just like the one the girl has on the front cover. I love how they incorrporated beads to it as well! I know with practice I will get it down and be able to make great things. I just stood in Michael's today looking at all of the yarn. I saw tons of yarn I wanted to get, but I'll wait until I've had some more practice. I'll be like Sarah with her basket full of yarn! Sarah mention to me that we should have knitting/movie nights when I go up there to Idaho this summer. I think that's a great idea.


There is so much you can make, there are some really fun mittens with pink poka dots, socks with fun stripes, and so much more. I will show you som of my work in progress when that time comes.

No comments: